Open innovation cells for major companies
Leave corporate paradigms behind and join a hotbed of talent and innovative tech startups
Any company aspires to success and wants to lead its market sectors. This requires constant effort in an era of high technology during which:
- The average lifespan of products has dropped substantially over the last 20 years;
- A company cannot escape change created by disruptive technology;
- A company’s ability to maintain high margins and its market share depends on its capacity to innovate.
That is why an environment that encourages innovation is essential if a company wants innovation to bloom and develop in its corporate culture. However, to succeed, innovation must happen in contact with:
- People who understand the needs of the company’s clients, and the issues they face;
- Creative, talented people who can flout organizational and structural constraints;
- People with diverse profiles who will make different paradigms collide;
- People who have been exposed to the latest innovations and technology trends.
The ÉTS Corporate program
That is why the École de technologie supérieure (ÉTS) has launched its ÉTS Corporate program, via Centech, to offer open innovation cells for major companies.
Located in Montreal’s former planetarium, on the ÉTS campus in the heart of Montreal’s Quartier de l’innovation (QI), ten open innovation cells, each sized 56 m2 (600 sq. ft.), will be offered to ten organizations looking to innovate while in contact with:
- Other leading innovative companies;
- Promising young tech companies;
- Talented students;
- Experts on top of technology trends.
The goal of this program:
Use major company drivers to generate high-impact tech innovations, leveraging student creativity and genius, experts and innovative young companies. This in turn will lead to the creation of marketable products and/or the design of concrete solutions for increasing productivity.
In addition to being a place for immersion in technological innovation, the cells will enable a company to undertake new initiatives on an ad hoc basis, far away from organizational constraints and while minimizing risk.
The spaces can be used to:
- Create new products with commercial potential;
- Test and improve new products;
- Develop solutions to improve company productivity;
- Solve specific problems, whether related to company challenges or not;
- Create innovation internships for company staff by offering them immersion in this open innovation centre.
The company will thus access a space free of organizational paradigms and constraints—to allow for quick and effective out-of-the-box creativity, adopting approaches such as:
Agile project management
- An innovation space of approximately 56 m2 (600 sq. ft.), that can be customized with the company colours (customization extra);
- Access to ÉTS technical experts and researchers;
- Support from the Centech team for: recruitment of interns, innovation processes; government R&D programs and others;
- Access, under certain conditions, to ÉTS laboratories and equipment for tests and/or prototyping;
- Free access to the various activities, conferences and workshops to stimulate this environment;
- An exclusive annual activity to allow startup companies to present their projects to the organizations;
- Free access for your company’s staff and/or your partner clients to the Hub Centech ideation room for four (4) innovation activities/year;
- Marketing and buzz around this special place (Montreal’s former Planetarium).
- Three-year commitment, renewable;
- Payment of membership fees: $125,000/year or $100,000 if you already are a QI member;
- Hire a full-time facilitator-manager for the company innovation cell;
- Hire at least nine (9) interns/year, with three allocated per 16-week cycle;
- Allocate 2 or 3 employees for each given period to carry out projects in the innovation cell in collaboration with interns and the cell facilitator-manager.
To join the ÉTS Corporate program, please contact
General Manager, Centech