Tuesday, 27 June 2017
CENTECH announces the appointment of new members of its Board of Directors
CENTECH announces the appointment of new members
of its Board of Directors
Montreal, June 8/CNW/For immediate release – Richard Chénier, Director of ÉTS’s Entrepreneurship Office and Centech Director-General welcomes the appointment of directors to the CENTECH Board of Directors, including David Bernardi, who will become the Chair.
“Appointments to the Board of Directors are now complete,” explained Richard Chénier. “The quality and experience of the people who agreed to sit on our board will allow Centech to pursue its growth and be supported by seasoned directors attuned to the start-up environment”.
Centech is a high-level tech company accelerator evolving in a changing ecosystem. Drawing on the principles of good governance and transparency, the Directors will use Leading Boards, a service designed to provide organizational efficiency in secure digital governance through its paperless solutions.
The Centech board is comprised of seven members named by the École de Technologie Supérieure.
The following are members of the Centech Board of Directors:
- Mr. David Bernardi, Chief technology Officer, Telesystem. He will act as Chairman of the Board;
- Ms. Élaine-Annie Bédard, Director of Finances, École de Technologie Supérieure; She will be the Board’s treasurer;
- Mr. Thomas Birch, Vice-President, Funds and Technologies, Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec;
- Mr. Albert De Luca, Tax Partner and National Leader of the Global R&D/Government Incentives group, Deloitte;
- Mr. Pierre Laferrière, Guest Lecturer, École de Technologie Supérieure;
- Mr. Daniel Girard, Chief Executive Officer and founder, CVT Corp;
- Ms. Sophie Forest, Managing Partner, Brightspark Ventures.
Created in 1996 by the École de Technologie Supérieure and located in the heart of Montreal’s Quartier de l’innovation, CENTECH is a tech entrepreneurial centre dedicated to technology companies with high growth potential. Thanks to its programs – Acceleration and Propulsion – CENTECH acts as a veritable growth machine, thereby creating one of the greatest high-level tech entrepreneurial densities in Canada.
Information note about Leading Boards
ISO 27001-certified, the paperless Leading Boards solution was created specifically to be a performance factor for boards, committees and executives.
SOURCE : Centech
Information : Brigitte Stock, Communications manager, Centech, 514-396-8647