Friday, 8 December 2017
CENTECH ANNOUNCES COMPANIES CHOSEN FOR THIS WINTER’S PROPULSION PROGRAM
Six carefully chosen companies will benefit from Centech support and expertise
Montreal, December 8, 2017. For immediate release. Richard Chénier, CENTECH Director, has announced the six (6) technology companies selected for its Propulsion program, beginning January 29. He used the opportunity to underline the high-quality of the companies and projects submitted for approval by the jury.
After having been rigorously evaluated on the progress of their development and the strong potential of their technological solutions, the following companies were accepted for the Propulsion program:
• Saccade Analytics The company develops specialized medical software that revolutionizes the way doctors diagnose concussion, dizziness, and neuro-degenerative diseases. Their novel and advanced methods of data analysis allow the extraction of detailed, quantitative.
• 2D-CrystaLab This Canadian medical startup that helps professionals to provide better treatments for patients with implants infections. The company develops innovative nanobiomaterials to save implants from failure. The first product is a professional gel for cleaning dental implants.
• Fluid The company develops a platform that brings maintenance and auto repair at your home or work from independant experienced auto mechanics
• OpenReg Winner of the Jury’s special mention, OpenReg is a company that is helping Financial regulators deal with media information overload.
• HeliQuarks HELIQUARKS develop the first 100% electric aircraft with vertical takeoff and landing to adress to the urban air mobility market.
• Nytilus A tech startup based in Montreal, Nytilus makes fatigue free mixed reality headsets for industrial applications.
About the Propulsion program
Lasting a maximum of 24 months, the program allows selected companies to benefit from rigorous supervision and quickly complete the initial development phase, moving toward commercializing their products and services on the international market.
Created in 1996 by the École de Technologie Supérieure, and located in the heart of Montreal’s Quartier de l’innovation, CENTECH is an incubator for technology companies dedicated to hardware and advanced technologies startups with high growth potential. Thanks to its programs – Acceleration and Propulsion – CENTECH acts as a veritable growth machine, thereby creating one of the greatest high-level tech entrepreneurial densities in Canada. Our partners are the Brandbourg agency, expert in brand creation, professional services firm Deloitte, the BCF law firm, Tak Design and National Bank. They provide advice and support to Centech start-up companies.