Jobs from our Startups
Headquartered in Montreal, Quebec, Canada, AEPONYX is the market leader in MEMS-based Silicon Photonics. With our patented technologies, combining planar Micro-Electro-Mechanical-Systems (MEMS) and Silicon Photonics, we are building the fastest, most affordable and smallest micro optical switches for use in desegregated switching systems and tunable transceivers. Join the dynamic fabless semiconductor start-up to design and manufacture the optical chips needed for the next generation of fiber optic access to the cloud.
Based in our downtown Montreal office, the successful candidate will work closely with our academic and industrial collaborators to design, install, develop and improve custom testing equipment and processes in MEMS devices leading to enhanced micro fabrication processes. The candidate will mainly work in our lab and within the University fabs in the Montreal region.
- The applicant will be responsible to design, install, develop and improve custom testing equipment and processes for optical measurements (e.g. propagation losses, insertion losses, spectral response) and mechanical measurements (e.g. mechanical displacement, voltage actuation).
- The applicant will prepare and develop technics and methods to correlate testing measurements to process fabrication steps.
- The applicant will prepare the computer aided design (CAD) files when required. The applicant will be involved in the process flows designs and revision to ensure testing methods are being implemented as MEMS process part.
- The applicant will work with industrial foundries to plan the transfer to mass production testing.
- Any other task associated with the development of a start-up.
- The ideal candidate has a master’s or PhD degree with an experience in design and/or fabrication of MEMS/MOEMS and/or integrated optical devices. The candidate must also be able to work in a team to accelerate process development.
For more information about the position, please contact: aeponyx.com/careers
Machine Learning Developer
Connecting the right wine, beer and coffee to the right customers is a challenge. At Wineout, we develop applications to make learning and discovering such tasting products easier.
We are looking for a machine learning developer that is seeking new challenges and love the startup environment and working with a great team. You should be ready to take on responsibility and truly believe in our vision and solution. As a developer you will work on mandates that take part in all stages of the software development life cycle of a new product. Your functions include developing and implementing features and high quality code to bring a machine learning system into production. You will be working closely with the R & D team. You will also get lots of freedom to initiate solutions and work together with other developers in weekly sprints.
For more information about the position, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Chief Technology Officer (CTO)
The CTO must be a successful leader that can bring together hardware and software side of the product. They must see the product as a whole and see their team in the same light. The CTO must liaise with the CEO, CFO and Business Development Manager to build a product that is not only technologically sound but that will engage our customers. The CTO must value quality and efficient work. As the Research and Development team leader, they must be ready to push for creative and innovative designs. The CTO must support in the effort to create an open and safe space for all team members.
For more information about the position, please contact: email@example.com
Product and Test Engineer
As a Product and Test Engineer at SPARK Microsystems, you will be responsible for the validation, characterization, qualification, testing, and production ramp-up of our innovative transceiver products. The role of a Product and Test Engineer will include working with Design and Systems engineers to specify product test methodology, driving product validation, development of production test programs for use on ATE (Automatic Test Equipment), embedded tests for validation and characterization on the bench and on ATE, and defining and driving product qualification plans. In addition, the role involves managing our suppliers as we ramp our new products to high volume production, and setting and executing a cost reduction plan.
- Bachelor level or equivalent degree (Masters Preferred) within Electronics or Software Engineering
- 3-5 years relevant experience working as a Product and/or Test Engineer or similar
- Programming experience on the Advantest platforms is considered an advantage
- Proven programming skills in C/VBA
- Experience with product verification and characterization in co-operation with the design team
- Maintenance and improvement of production test setups during product lifetime
- Evaluate and implement leading-edge tools for product verification and quality assurance
- Understanding of JEDEC semiconductor products qualification tests and specifications
- Experience with yield enhancement and product failure analysis
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Self-motivated, analytical, proactive, and quality oriented
- Ability to work and learn in a fast-paced environment focused on continuous improvement
Wireless Protocol Engineer
The Wireless Protocol Engineer will design the link layer and optimize the performance of wireless communication products. The Wireless Engineer will be responsible for the definition of requirements, execution of design, performance analysis, and control of wireless protocols implemented on SPARK Microsystems transceivers. This role requires extensive interactions with R & D teams, Hardware Design teams, Firmware Architects and Product Managers. The candidate will be involved in specifying system requirements and developing and implementing these systems for new and exciting products and applications. The candidate is also expected to participate in the development of wireless protocol architectures at the software level and hardware level.
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering or computer science is required.
- Data link layer design for the functional behavior of radio products for applications such as wireless sensor networks and audio streaming
- Deep understanding of wireless protocols amenable to implementation on low-power microcontrollers
- Excellent knowledge of wireless communications in general, and wireless communication standards such as 802.15.4, LoRA, ZWave, Bluetooth and 802.11
- Knowledge in methods of integrating multiple protocols within a gateway device
- Solid knowledge of networking, especially star and mesh topologies
- Radio firmware design
- Ability to solve complex technical challenges
- 3 years minimum experience working with wireless protocols
- Ability to troubleshoot problems and ensure high quality levels
Integrated Circuit Product Manager
Responsible for working with a team of highly skilled IC designers to bring advanced prototypes to fully qualified radio frequency ICs that are ready for mass production. This position involves leading and working with a team of engineers to:
- Develop and implement IC test plans for efficient testing at mass production
- Qualify ICs according to JEDEC (or similar) standards
- Certification of RF products according to FCC regulations
- Interfacing with semiconductor fabrication facilities and packaging houses
- Producing datasheets and ensuring products meets specifications
- Producing compelling demos and whitepapers to showcase the advantages of the technology
- Interfacing with the sales team to support their activities
Engineering Project Manager
As an Engineering Project Manager within SPARK Microsystems, you will be responsible for managing new innovation products that may involve multiple engineers including both external and internal partners. Performance of technical reviews and analysis of all project stages are part of your responsibility. Creativity and innovation in problem solving are also necessary components of an excellent Project Manager.
Embedded Systems Software Engineer
As an Embedded Software Engineer within SPARK Microsystems, you will be responsible for the coding of our different hardware platforms including wireless networking stacks, PC interfaces, and firmware.
You will design, implement, and test firmware and software to form optimal communications wireless networks using the extremely low power wireless transceivers developed by SPARK Microsystems. This includes developing low power wireless sensor networks in point-to-point, star, and mesh configurations, as well as efficient point-to-point links for audio streaming applications. The selected candidate will be responsible for developing efficient firmware to support these applications, as well as a graphical user interface for each system that allows users to control the flow of information in the wireless system.
For more information, please visit: sparkmicro.com/careers
Full Stack Developer
ARA Robotics is looking for a talented software developer interested in enhancing and developing its ground control station software and its embedded systems. The candidate will participate in iterative design, testing and development sprints to refine the overall product solution using the Agile development process.
ARA Robotics is currently looking for a Communications Officer who will contribute to the company’s marketing strategy for its products and services in North America. The person sought will have to like to work on several projects at the same time, will have to be autonomous and creative. The main mandates of the position will be: participation in the development of the company’s website, development of visual sales tools, management of social media platforms, organization and participation in international conferences and other related tasks with the radiation of the company.
For more information, please visit: http://ara-uas.com/careers/